11th and Washburn, Topeka
Dedicated on Sept. 11, 2004, to commemorate Topeka's 150th anniversary, the pavilion is located in a small triangular park at 11th and Washburn -- just south of the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, 1515 SW 10th. A brick walk leads to a sitting area where three large brick pillars are topped by gargoyles and other architectural remnants from the old Shawnee County Courthouse, which stood at 5th and Van Buren from 1895-1965. The area is surrounded by flower beds. The pavilion was named for Topeka banker Anderson Chandler, the primary donor for the project.