Chandler Library Pavilion

11th and Washburn
SHOW MAP

Topeka, KS 66604

Location

Javascript is required to view this map.

Dedicated on Sept. 11, 2004, to commemorate Topeka's 150th anniversary, the pavilion is located in a small triangular park at 11th and Washburn -- just south of the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library, 1515 SW 10th. A brick walk leads to a sitting area where three large brick pillars are topped by gargoyles and other architectural remnants from the old Shawnee County Courthouse, which stood at 5th and Van Buren from 1895-1965. The area is surrounded by flower beds. The pavilion was named for Topeka banker Anderson Chandler, the primary donor for the project.

MORE IMAGES



THE BASICS

Amenities: Gardens

Location: Central

Ambience: Small & Serene



FEEDBACK